Thursday, January 29, 2009

NYC Shenanigans

It's taken me a good week and a half to recover from the shenanigans my four best girlfriends and I engaged in two weekends ago. Our hometown friends Andrea, Heather and Sam came to visit me and Carolyn in NYC. I would provide details of the weekend, but I can't. First, what happens among five best friends during a girls reunion weekend in NYC stays among those five best friends in NYC. Second, even if I told you, you wouldn't understand. Third, my husband has ultimate veto power over my posts (since this is a public site) and didn't approve my first draft.

Doug was there for the first night of the girl-fest. He skipped town shortly thereafter to visit brother Steve in New Haven. He was actually forced (well, let's say strongly encouraged) to leave the girls to their own devices. I did it for his own good. Five girls in a one bedroom apartment for three whole days. No mans wants any part of that. .... Okay, perhaps that's not the best way to put it. Your wife and four of her best girlfriends, all spending the weekend in your one bedroom apartment, gossiping, laughing, doing other girly things you can't quite grasp. No husbands wants any part of that.


The girls' visit made me realize something I've always known but never truly acknowledged. Heather, Carolyn, Andrea and Sam are so much a part of me and who I am, when they're not around, it's like something inside me is missing. It makes me sad to think I have such incredible friends who don't all live in the same city as I do. It makes me happy to think I have such incredible friends.





("Does anyone want to go back to the apartment and play some cards?")

1 comments:

Andrea Passantino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.