Monday, January 26, 2009

Riding the Bull in a Bear Market

Lately, my husband has been contemplating the impending downfall of the US economy as we know it. I, on the other hand, have been content to live in ignorant bliss, prohibiting him from discussing all things related to the economy, our finances, and the future of our country on all days but Wednesdays and Sundays. It's been a source of contention - Doug's acute obsession with the economy - in the House of Bargoz-Tedeschi. But, this past Saturday night, we put the bear market out of our minds and decided to ride the bull.

In celebration of our dear friend Kyle's birthday, we ventured south to a bar called Mason Dixon on the Lower East Side where we drank bourbon (well, not really, but it would have been a lot more fitting if we had) and rode a mechanical bull. We discovered that Doug has a latent talent for bull riding. But, I have to admit, I wasn't so bad myself.

0 comments: